On Thursday 27th February we were delighted to attend the SME MK & Bucks Business Awards held at Whittlebury Park alongside so many aspiring, growing and successful local businesses organised by nationwide business award specialists Events & PR.
We were thrilled to be shortlisted in two categories, ‘Milton Keynes Business of the Year’ sponsored by Milton Keynes Business Centre as well as ‘Service Excellence’ sponsored by Whittlebury Park and we couldn't wait to share the evening with like-minded businesses all keen to celebrate the joint successes of our thriving local business community.
With over 20 awards up for grabs, the evening didn’t disappoint. Team Boxx shared a table with PragmatiQ Solutions, Red Giraffe and Nipperbout and were spoilt with amazing food and flowing drinks at the beautiful venue of Whittlebury Park.
Networking was enjoyed throughout the evening with business friends both old and new including: University of Buckingham, St James Place Wealth Management, Worktree, Cygnus, Milton Keynes University Hospital Trust, Metrobank, Xen Consulting, Arthur Ellis Mental Health Support and many more, before settling down to hear those all-important award announcements…
We were exceptionally impressed with the achievements and talents of the entrepreneurs from the Natwest Accelerator Hub and were pleased to see Lakechia Jeanne from Girls in Science take ‘Young Entrepreneur of the Year’ and in their own ‘Entrepreneur of the Year Award’ Natasha Barnes-Hutchinson of Spoilt Rotten Dog won Gold, Rosamund McFadden of Breastfeeding Hub took Silver and Afro Ndiritu of Big Coach Little Coach secured Bronze. We are looking forward to working with Sharon Rai and the Natwest Accelerator team throughout 2020 in supporting future cohorts of entrepreneurs.
The evening finished on a complete high with everyone on our table winning an award – office buddy Jessica Compton of PragmatiQ Solutions won ‘Apprentice of the Year’, childcare provider Nipperbout secured ‘Buckinghamshire Business of the Year’ and Joe Gilbert of Red Giraffe stole the double for ‘Website of the Year’ and ‘Green Award’ for their carbon offsetting programme.
And of course, we were ecstatic to be announced as Gold Winner in the ‘Service Excellence’ category. This award means so much to us and we are immensely proud of the whole team who have worked so hard to achieve this.
Well done to each and every business who entered, what an amazing business community we are all part of – we should all be very proud and celebrate our successes!
- Overall Gold Winner: Cook Investment
- Overall Silver Winner: Ad Valorem
- Apprentice of the Year: Jessica Compton - PragmatiQ Solutions Ltd
- Best Customer Service: Yogomotiv Pilates
- BSI Best Enterprising Business: Ad Valorem
- Stanair Best New Business: Red Bird Tutoring
- The University of Buckingham Buckinghamshire Business of the Year: Nipperbout Event Childcare
- My Mustard Business Innovation: Bradbury Tracks
- Prontaprint Business of the Year - less than 50 Employees: Cygnus Limited
- Business Person of the Year: Mark & Rachel Coldham - The Massage Company (High Wycombe)
- Thornton College Business Woman of the Year: Antoinette Oglethorpe - Antoinette Oglethorpe Limited
- Community Business of the Year: Wealth and Tax Management
- Employer of the Year: Cook Investment Group
- Natwest Entrepreneur of the Year: Natasha Barnes-Hutchinson - Spoilt Rotten Dog
- High Growth Business of the Year: Silverbug Ltd
- MK Business Centre Milton Keynes Business of the Year: Mirus IT Solutions
- Not for Profit Business of the Year: Girls in Science Ltd
- Association For Project Management Project of the Year: Eco Design Consultants
- Pub of the Year: Three Trees
- Restaurant of the Year: The Anchor
- Whittlebury Park Service Excellence: Boxx Communications Ltd
- Spaces The Green Award: B-Loony Ltd
- Website of the Year: Red Giraffe
- Young Entrepreneur of the Year: Lakechia Jeanne - Girls in Science Ltd