Effective communications and having systems or solutions in place to enable this, are now critical to every business irrespective of size or industry. It enables organisations to respond more successfully to the demands of:
- An increasingly dispersed and mobile workforce
- Rising customer and employee expectations
- The need for increased collaboration with suppliers, partners and customers
- Rapid pace of change across markets and society
- Threats from competitors
An outdated phone system can therefore hinder efficient communications and in turn create problems within a business that affect profitability.
These impacts go far beyond the direct costs of purchasing and maintaining equipment. An outdated phone system can result in:
- Lower productivity - Time is easily wasted when equipment either doesn't work as it should, requires large amounts of manual investment or ties individuals to work in fixed loactions.
- Missed business opportunities - Not being able to take a call whilst out-of-the-office could mean a lost sale. This just doesn't need to happen.
- Lost customers - Poor service is considered the number one reason for customers looking elsewhere and lost/missed calls often attribute to customer experience.
- Lost employee talent - It's reported that 75% of emplyees rank workplace flexibility as their most important benefit.
- Increased risk - Downtime can mave major implications for businesses and out-dated systems are much more succeptable to this happening.
- Increased admin overheads - The average IT manager earns £44k here in the UK. Just 2.5 hours per week, equates to almost £3000 lost each year.
The good news is that modernising your telephony solution can significantly boost your bottom line…
Whilst a legacy PBX is no longer a match for modern businesses, transitioning to cloud-based communications can help you unleash the potential of your business. There are many benefits of switching to a cloud-based offering, including::
- Work smarter – Enabling access to all the information and tools your employees need, anywhere and anytime.
- Expand your opportunities – Freeing you from the constraints of a physical location and a fixed workforce.
- Ensure seamless experiences - Both employees and customers benefit from integrating multiple communications and collaboration services into a single solution.
- Stay competitive – Ensuring you’re always upgraded to the latest technology.
- Reduce your risks – Delivering built-in resilience and security.
- Free up time – Unleash from routine admin and maintenance tasks.
Moving to a cloud-based telephony solution is easier than you think but we understand that it can seem daunting.
Why not download our ‘True Cost of an Outdated Phone System’ PDF for an easy-to-digest overview.